Sunday 8 May 2011

Well there's good news and there's bad news...

The good news is that the mail outs have printed perfectly, I've done two each of the four different sayings. 
And they look pretty great in combination with the business cards (old business card pictured). The business cards are printed, but I haven't cut them out yet because I'm waiting to use the trimmer at uni, so I can only guess that they line up perfectly, I was a lot more anal with the alignment this time so hopefully they do.

As the letterheads and letters go, there is definitely no support for borderless envelopes on Ant's printer so we're pretty stuck there. Also I was working on the letterheads and didn't manage to print any worthy of display, one has a black smudge, another I put in the wrong way round, and the other isn't correctly within the margins so it looks a bit rubbish.

I printed them on the nice recycled paper which is a bit thicker, and I've run out so will have to buy some more tomorrow. I think it works better than standard copier paper because that ripples with the ink on the back. The reverse printing is fainter, but looks fantastic when held up, allowing the light to filter through. Anyways, you will all see where we stand tomorrow. Nothing is the end of the world, but we're not out of the woods yet.

Also, I think UPS have tried to deliver the stamp to my house two times and missed me. Hopefully they will deliver tomorrow and I won't miss it, but if not I can possibly find their depot.

5 comments:

  1. The mail outs look fantastic.
    As far as the envelope & letter head go we may have to either do some changes like make the logo fit to the page (no border) for both of them or get them printed somewhere else. I think where we haven't got any time left it's probably best to quickly come up with some design solutions that one of us can then print at home. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can give the letterhead a go the way it is with no problem, but yeah, maybe for the envelope we should go with the smaller one? Or maybe it won't look so bad where it doesn't go right up to the edge?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so the letterhead would print without a border? Just the envelope that wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you will see it tomorrow, but generally it looks ok, I just messed up and ran out of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oki doki. We could possibly use the stamp for the envelope instead of a watermark style logo?

    ReplyDelete