Monday 18 April 2011

Poster Ideas

I was looking through my art supplies/stuff box and found some letters that are like felt or foam or something along those lines. I put them on some A3 paper, sorted them and played around with the positioning of the letters, colour placement etc and took some pictures.

Too much space around HitMe here I think

Better when the HitMe is more surrounded

Prefer the HitMe text all one colour

Yellow blends in with the white background too much I think

I think the red works best, less subtle 
What do you all think?
The picture quality is better on my computer but it seems to lose it when I upload the pictures. As a picture it works really well, the colours are bright and I think it goes with our fun theme with the more relaxed/playful typeface. So it could be good as a poster to print as we all like typographic posters but I can also stick all the letters down and it can be one of our 'Interactive Print' posters to have on display.
Any who, tell me what you think of it, was just a random idea I had when I found the letters.
Sara

2 comments:

  1. P.S If you guys do like it we can print it in layers onto tracing paper and screen print it perhaps....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather like the idea but I think the typeface, although it is fun and that's what we're aiming for, is just a bit too childish. It looks like we're tailoring our audiences to 5 year olds, not potential clients. I wonder, how possible is it to cut our own felt shapes, anyone know anything about if we can use the die cutter downstairs in Eldon?

    ReplyDelete